The Department of Agriculture in the Philippines expresses its willingness to help the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) in developing agricultural lands to improve farm productivity.
Furthermore, the collaboration aims to achieve:
- Development of farm areas.
- Programs to support high-value crops.
- Construction of farm to market roads.
- Solar-powered irrigation systems.
- And, enhancement of livestock industry.
The said department also sees the region as a ground to be the center for food and fisheries production in the country. Moreover, the development of agricultural lands will address poverty incidence among the regions.
Source: Jasper Arcalas, Business Mirror | Photo by Kees Streefkerk, Unsplash
Thus, you can read the full story here.