Internet of Things (IoT) plays a great role in shaping farms to indulge in smart agriculture. Smart farming and IoT, when combined, could deliver an efficient, sustainable, and technology-based agricultural sector.
Modern technologies and the internet of things are already making a scene in agriculture. Furthermore, these are the benefits that it provides in the agriculture sector:
- Effectively boost crop yield
- Real-time analysis of climate and soil
- Control pest population to prevent further spread of farm destruction
- Promotes sustainable farming practices
- Also, it improves the profitability of crops for farmers
- Livestock and crop monitoring
- Conservation of energy and water resources
These are just some of the advantages of integrating smart technologies in farming and when implemented wisely, it could cause a drastic improvement in our food production.
Source: Naveen Joshi, BBN Times | Photo by Marcus Brown, Flickr
Thus, you can read the full story here.