The Balochistan government in Pakistan plans to fund the Public Sector Development Programme to promote agriculture, fisheries, livestock, and transport sectors. Also, the funds would initiate a new agricultural policy that would provide benefits to farmers.
The said agricultural policy would offer advantages such as:
- Latest technologies that would improve the production of agriculture.
- Loan schemes for women farmers.
- Introduction of cottage industry, mushroom cultivation, poultry farming, livestock farming, bee keeping, and vegetable cultivation.
- Advisory centers for guidance and technical assistance to farmers.
- Programs that would facilitate and educate farmers to value addition in agricultural products.
- Agricultural research institutions for farming experts to develop digital solutions.
- Also, encourage farmers to cultivate long staple cotton.
- And, lastly, launch wheat seminars with proper management for 50 growers in each area.
Source: Umer Jamshaid, Urdu Point | Photo by Bence Balla Schottner, Unsplash
Thus, you can read the full story here.