The Department of Science and Technology in the Philippines launched the Soybean Research and Development (R&D) program to reduce post-harvest losses, boost the production, and level-up the income of farmers.
Furthermore, the R&D program offers a cropping system that would help farmers gain supply chain improvement and improved health through increased consumption of soybeans. Also, this program will focus on these five pillars:
- Analysis of supply chain and its competitiveness in the market
- Productivity and technical efficiency of soybeans as food
- Soybean for higher income and enhanced soil health through cropping systems
- Also, the sustainability of soybean seed sector
- And, the soybean variety development for large seed size, higher yields, and enhanced functional properties.
Moreover, farmers will learn about the post-processing of soybean into other products to reduce post-harvest losses.
Source: Business World | Photo by Tim Perdue, Flickr
Thus, you can read the full story here.